Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Truth About Love

What a great weekend! Friday night we spent the night at our friends Hila and Bobby's house.  We had a great Italian dinner and FABULOUS wine! First Hila helped her mom figure out her new IPhone!  Here she is downloading her first app, facebook of course!  Very exciting!


I made dessert for us all,  Individual Lemon Meringue Pies.  So good and so simple!    

One box of vanilla pudding (sugar free but NOT instant)
One box of lemon jello (sugar free)
Individual graham cracker crusts
2 cups of water
Bring vanilla pudding and two cups of water to a boil, once it thickens add jello and stir.  Pour into individual pie crusts and refrigerate until set.  Done and done.

We woke up early and headed to the Farmers Market and WOW was it cold.  Here we are all bundled up!

The goal of the Farmers Market was beets.  Not just any beets but golden beets (pictured above).  We found some, walked around a little more and then headed home.  I learned how to make pickled golden beets, stay tuned for how to make in a future post.  Let me tell you, they are SO GOOD and I've been enjoying them in my salads this week!

After the Farmers Market Hila and Elyanah whipped up a killer breakfast for us!  YUM!  




Sunday night my mom took my sister and me to see this girl!

PINK!!!!!!





We started off having dinner at Proof in D.C. which was recommended by Hila and Bobby and was really good!  I always go to them for a good dinner recommendation.  The fact that it was within walking distance of the concert was a bonus. 

We started off with drinks and a cheese plate, don't ask me the cheese because 1: The Server picked our cheese and 2: It was so good we ate it quickly!  I almost forgot to get a picture of what was left.


We then split the Sautéed Block Island Swordfish “Tonnato" 
tuna-caper sauce, celery , green apple, crispy capers and the Butter Crunch Lettuce with Avocado, Grapefruit & Valencia Orange 
balsamic dressing, crispy quinoa

Then to entrees.  
I had the Five Spice Roasted Long Island Duck Breast 
fresh rice noodles, red scallions, roasted chili paste, baby spinach, holy basil
Mom had: Grilled Flat Iron Steak with King Trumpet Mushrooms 
cippolini onions, roasted fingerlings, bordelaise sauce
And Hilary had: Pan Seared Maine Day Boat Scallops 
creamy cauliflower purée, beet emulsion, baby chard, toasted hazelnuts

 Of course we had to get dessert!  We all split the Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake, vanilla ice cream, almonds, toffee (my favorite), Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, gianduja gelato, espresso sauce and the Grilled Banana, banana bread, peanut brittle, coconut sorbet.


I love going to dinner with my mom and sister because we all like to try new things and share!  Great recommendation once again!

Then it was off to the concert!!!

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to BE Pink after seeing her in concert.  She kicked ass and rocked the whole show!  Even flying through the air in 4" stilettos singing So What!  She doesn't just sing she entertains and engages her audience.  Love her more than I already did!





What a great night with my mom and sister!  

No comments:

Post a Comment