Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fashion Forward

If there is one thing I'm not its fashion forward. But my friend Jess is very much so. I am forever asking for her opinion when it comes to clothes and shoes. For a busy mother of two she always looks fabulous and put together!  She's confident in what she wears and it just looks like it comes so easy to her.  I don't think I've yet to see her in something I don't like!  Here is my fashionista friend Jess.  Check out her glasses, she's adorable!  I've asked her a few questions and she was happy to answer!


Me: What is a must have in every closet? 
Jess: Basic Tee's in white, black and gray.  They go under and with everything. Black leggings, especially because I am a mom.  Black leggings are what I live in...easy and comfy.  Black skinny jeans- always a staple and apparently make you look thinner-sign me up! Chambray shirt- can wear it all seasons and with pretty much everything. 

Me: I have to interrupt, what is a Chambray shirt??
Scarves- A girl can never have too many...you can make an outfit with scarves.  And last but not least, jewelry you can wear a white tee with a bold necklace and it looks fabulous.

Me: Great thanks!  Now you said leggings are a must. What would someone wear with leggings?
Jess: Over-sized sweaters- hello covering everything you want hidden. Anything  with Layers really. I wear t-shirts with them too... typically over-sized as well and with boots, I love me some riding boots.

Me:  I see you have riding boots on in the first picture, if you are going to splurge on something this season are boots the thing to splurge on?
Jess: OH yes! Frye boots are really well made and will last. AND amazon typically has deals which apply to all shoes, which is unheard of finding a deal on FRYE boots so yea splurge on boots.

Me: I see a lot of people wear brown and black together.  I know this used to be a no-no but are there really any "rules" when it comes to fashion anymore?
Jess: In my opinion NO you can wear white after labor day too. If you can pull it off and you feel comfortable then I say do it.

Me:  What is one of your most favorite color combos to wear?
Jess: Gosh that’s hard because right now I love neutrals on neutrals but it changes with the seasons.

Me: So what color are we going to see a lot of this fall?
Jess: From what I read- and I am not a fashion expert at all.. I think mixing patterns is in big time.
I haven't taken the leap yet in doing this.
Me: Well I think if anyone can make it work it's you!
Jess: Also- this Moto thing this is another area of fashion I have yet to get into.

Me: Ok, I have to ask again, what is Moto?

Me: Top three stores you can't live without, go!
Jess: Gap, Forever 21, Loft

Me: What is one accessory that is always in your purse, besides a binkie? ;)
Jess: Sunglasses! Aviators to be precise and I always have an extra pair of earrings in there too.

Me: Do you have a favorite designer?
Jess: Ha I am cheap, so no. I like target, gap, forever 21- do they count as a designer?

Me: Exactly, fashion doesn't mean big bucks all the time does it?
Jess: In my opinion nope! I mean it’s nice to have some designer things.  I have a MK watch, but would I like to have a Movado sure, will I ever..... umm if I win the lottery yes. In real life- no.

Me: How would you describe your style?
Jess: Comfortable. Lol.

Me: Last question for you Jess.  What advice would you give to someone who wants to step a little out of their comfort zone when it comes to clothes and fashion? 
Jess: Ha- that’s a funny question to me because I usually don't step out of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion.. but i would really like to.. it’s hard dressing different body types, so I would say try to find pieces that fit your body well and then add something cool and fun to every outfit, one step at a time. If I don't know if my outfit is cute or even looks presentable I often text a friend and ask for opinions or I look up ideas on pinterest. Pinterest has LOADS of great outfits for reference.

Me: Great, thanks Jess for taking the time out of your busy day to chat with us!  I’m immediately going to go buy a Chambray shirt!  I can’t wait!
Jess: Hahah you should! They are awesome. 








.

No comments:

Post a Comment