Thursday, November 7, 2013

Inspiration


If there is one thing that irritates me to the fullest it's idiotic drivers!  And don't even get me started on those people who think they don't have to wait in line like everyone else but instead speed past you and cut you off at the last second.  Oh no, not in my world!  Every single morning the same thing happens.  I am patiently waiting in traffic and to my right cars are speeding by (in a merge lane by the way) only to cut someone off at the last minute.  I guess they just happen to think they are too good to wait patiently like everyone else.  Well not this morning!  Sometimes I just can't take it, I mean who do they think they are?!  I have to get to work just like you do, but I wait......and wait......and crawl.......so guess what, you're going to do the same!  One thing I'll do is move my car partially over into the other lane to stop them from passing meanwhile holding my place in the regular lane. Get in line suckers and wait in traffic like the rest of us! Today I must have stopped close to 15 cars from speeding by.  Mwahahahahahaha! Successful morning for me AND it didn't take me an hour and forty five minutes to get to work!   


I'd like to share a conversation my friend Lena and I had yesterday.  Really meant a lot to me!

Lena:  "You were my inspiration for today's run after reading your blog."

me:  "Really?!" "That's nice to say, thank you!!" "Get out and get it done."  "We have a turkey trot coming up!"

Lena:  "Yup after I read it I got my ass in gear."

me:  "Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Lena:  "And you wrote that you can now do 3 miles without stopping so I'm trying for that too."

me:  "Awesome, you can totally get there, I swear the couch to 5k is what did it for me." "It's all in time, little by little."

Lena:  "Yup!"  "Today was def my fastest and prob best run."

WHAT?! ME? AN INSPIRATION FOR RUNNING?!  I cannot explain the feeling I got when she said that to me.  I never thought in a million years I'd inspire someone to run, heck most days I'm still looking for inspiration to run!  So thank you Lena, and way to go! Proud of you for getting out there and doing it!  Here we come Turkey Trot!

I did my run yesterday but sadly didn't do the whole three miles.  I was pretty bummed with myself and disappointed but was reminded that I got out there and did it, I did something.  The old Erin wouldn't have even contemplated running during lunch.  So sometimes you just have to cut yourself a little slack.  Something is better than nothing!  I also had a delicious dinner.  Let me share:

Trader Joe's pre-cooked turkey meatballs (12 total)
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 can of pineapple with the juice
1/4 cup of brown sugar

Put the turkey meatballs in the crock pot.  Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over meatballs. Set on low for 6 hours.  Done.  How simple is that?  And they are stinking good!  You can also do this with chicken.  I had a side of brown rice and broccoli and cheese to go with them.  The boys put them on a sub for a meatball sub which also looked really good!

Tonight is the night.  Weigh in night at Weight Watchers.  Let's hope the hard work I've put in this week from tracking everything pays off!

Took this from a friend's facebook page because well, I really just like it!
KEEP GOING, you never know who you're inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment