Monday, November 4, 2013

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I had to do it this morning.  It was hard, but it had to be done.  I had to break up with Tyler's Halloween candy bag after eating 11 pieces this weekend.  And how do I know how many pieces I ate?  Because I tracked it..........boooooooya!  Negative= letting the candy over rule me this weekend.  Positive= tracking it. I completely went into my weeklies, but hey that's what they are there for!  I enjoyed it too, but I've had my share so now it's time to move on.  I am happy to say I tracked every little thing this weekend and feel great about it.  I'm also going to go down to the gym today during lunch and go for a run. Something I'd never say 3 months ago!

What a great weekend it was though!  Saturday morning Jason and I did as planned.  We went out for a three mile run!  

Here we are after our run.  I couldn't get over how beautiful the trees look!  Speaking of I am LOVING this weather.  It's cold, and I hope it's here to stay!  If you know me, you know Fall is my favorite season.  I wish I would have worn a scarf today, darn it!


Jason's parents were in town visiting so after everyone was showered and ready we headed to Top Golf. Check out my shoes in the picture!  I know they are not "fall approved" but I had to wear them once.  I got them at H&M for $3.50!  What a steal!  Tyler really loves Top Golf and may have a bit of competitiveness to him.  Wonder where he gets that from?!



After Top Golf we headed to family dinner for Jason's birthday.  I know I had mentioned before what I was going to get , had my night all planned out.  Problem!  What I wanted wasn't on the menu.  Bummer! So I had to quickly decide and decided on Asian Short Ribs which were really good.  Jason opened his gifts, and look at what he got.  Two new running shirts, along with some Ohio State gear and some new work shirts.


  Oh yes, he shared his dessert!


It was a great meal with the whole family, minus Hilary who was at a wedding.  Sunday was filled with relaxing, reading and watching football. I finally started to read more of our bookclub book and it's really good!  Memoris of an Imaginary Friend.  Once again Bobby, great pick!  And no Bobby isn't IN bookclub but  he's always recommending great books for us to read.  I had a craving for some buffalo wings but boy can those get pointy, so instead I made some buffalo chicken stuffed potatoes.  YUM.  Thank you skinnytaste!  I also (and this makes me VERY excited) found a great deal at Giant.  SIX avocados for $1! They were labeled Ripe, but that was fine by me because I used them right away to make guacamole! 





It was a great weekend overall!  Had a great visit with the in-laws, got to run with Jason and tracked everything I ate!  I'd say pretty successful!  Someone even wore herself out with all of the excitement!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I wrote a review about the book here as well. Such a great book. Hope you enjoy.

    http://onenovelconcept.blogspot.com/2013/09/memoirs-of-imaginary-friend-by-matthew.html

    ReplyDelete