Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Golden Delicious................BEETS!

I don't know about you but I LOVE me some beets! After the farmer's market a few weekends ago I was taught how to make some delicious golden beets by none other than Elyanah Pinchas!

Let me share:

First look at this mom and daughter duo!  Both know their way around a kitchen, let me tell you!



Here's what you'll need:


(You'll need about 2 bunches of golden beets).


First you are going to cut off the tops and bottoms of the beets.


Next put them in a big pot and cover with water.



Bring to a boil, once boiled simmer for 40 minutes, until fork tender.



Drain and allow to cool.  Just look at that little cute momma to be!  So happy for her and Bobby! 

While beets cool boil a cup of water, cup of vinegar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper and a pinch of sugar.  Bring to a boil and let cool.


Once the beets are cool enough to touch peel them.  You can easily peel them with your fingers.




Cut out any spots that don't look good.


(see that black spot, that is what you are cutting out).


Once you have removed all of the spots that don't look good you will cut the beets in cubes or slices.  




And finally the last step.  Pour the vinegar mixture over the beets and give a little stir so vinegar gets all over the beets.




Voila!!  Delicious golden beets.  I've really been enjoying these over my salads!  Being the only one who will eat beets in my house I'm glad these can last 3-4 weeks! 

 Thanks again for the lesson ladies!  




No comments:

Post a Comment