Monday, November 18, 2013

What A Simple Run Can Do!

I came into work this morning in a foul mood for no apparent reason.  And then this happened.  I put these bad boys on and hit the treadmill today at lunch.

It's AMAZING what it did for my mood.  Not mention Michael Jackson's Beat It came on towards the end of my run.  Nothing like a little M.J. to pump up the speed!  And then it hit me, I didn't run ONCE this weekend.  Had I I'm sure my mood this morning wouldn't have been so foul.  It really is amazing what a good run can do for your spirits.  I wasn't beating myself up (well not too bad) for skipping the run this weekend, it happens.  I'll just remember in the future how it really does make a good start to my week and weekend.

What a great weekend it was though.  Had a great girls night Friday night with a little wine, sushi, p.j.'s and a movie.  I don't really have to say much about the sushi, I think the picture does it justice!


Saturday night Jason and I had a day date which was lovely!  My dad took Tyler for the day and night which was a nice little break for us!


We went to the movies and saw About Time.  OH MY GOSH WAS IT GOOD!  This is our "What??!" "The movies, and we're not seeing a Disney movie" face.

 

After the movies we met a few of his co-workers for dinner which was really fun! Then we headed out for one more drink and then headed home where we had a WII bowling challenge.   Sunday was a total lazy day.  I should have ran, but again I didn't.  Shame on me.  Why oh why do the weekends have to always fly by so quickly? I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!  Before we know it Christmas will be here!  Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

P.S. I got my chambray shirts I ordered, I can't wait to try them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment