Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fish Tacos


It took me an hour and forty five minutes to get to work today! That's just ridiculous!

Let me share one of my favorite meals!  Fish tacos!  They are so simple to make and so delicious.  Here's what I use.

Add caption
 (that is cabbage in that little container)
Fish nuggets, shredded cabbage, extra thin corn tortillas and Cilantro Salad dressing. Everything can be purchased at Trader Joe's (minus the extra thin tortillas, I get those at Giant but T.J's does have regular tortillas I just like the extra thin because they are less points).  I pretty much always have a box of the fish nuggets in my freezer. It's an easy go to meal.  Cook your nuggets as directed, mix up some cilantro salad dressing with the slaw, and heat up your tortillas on the stove top with a little sea salt.  Have you ever had a corn tortilla straight from the package without it being warmed up?  No good.  When your nuggets are done mash them up a little in a bowl, load onto your tortillas and top with the slaw mix.  That's it.  I find five fish nuggets and three tortillas is plenty!  I also like to have a little side of black beans with them.

Today is another run day at the gym.  I find I enjoy running like Tyler enjoys cleaning his room.  Whenever I ask him to straighten up his room I get the "ugh, ok" answer but as soon as he's done he can't wait to show me how organized it looks and what a great job he did.  I have to be honest, when I run I think "yup, still not enjoying this" but as soon as I'm done I feel extremely proud and can't wait to tell anyone who will listen that I ran!  Now no one is making me run, it's by choice and I've come so far why stop now?  I remember when running 8 straight minutes was a killer, and now I can run 3 miles without stopping.  To me that is quite the accomplishment! And who's to say I won't someday enjoy it?  And if I don't, eh I'll get over it.  The feeling I get afterward outweighs the feelings I have during the run. It's all about pushing yourself right?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment