Friday, November 1, 2013

Mind over Matter

I did it.  I went through the entire day and night without having one piece of candy!  Instead I opted for a cupcake I made for Jason's birthday, ww friendly of course and a yonanas with mini chocolate chips.  And let me tell you, that yonanas lasted a whole lot longer than a mini twix bar would!  Which brings me to the point that half the battle of weight loss is mind over matter.  How bad do you want it?  Is it worth it?  I could have easily had that twix, counted it and moved on but instead I chose to have a healthier dessert while still getting the chocolate fix.  Mind over matter, it can be done.  I quit smoking----COLD TURKEY.  I trained and did every single run leading up to my 5K.  I've come to notice and even been told if I put my mind to something I accomplish it.  So mind, let me tell you something right now.  Get with the program, you are going to get this weight off...............you hear me!  Put your mind to it and do it.  Just do it.  TRACK this weekend.  Gosh, why do weekends always have to be such an issue for me.  It's just another day!  Here's the goal, to be able to post on Monday that I tracked every little last thing I ate.  Challenge accepted!


Here is my cutie all set for Trick or Treating


And here is is after, not much candy I have to say but he's really more interested in dressing up.  Nothing like when I was younger. I'd basically be out there until I couldn't carry the bag anymore because it was so heavy!

In-laws are in town this weekend and we're going out for Jason's birthday dinner Saturday night along with my parents.  We're going to Matchbox.  Yum, Matchbox!  I've already looked over the menu and think I'm going to get a steak salad.  Can't wait!  I also have pulled beef in the crock pot right now for dinner which I've already tracked.  One step ahead of the game.  Did I mention Jason and I have already decided we're going to wake up Saturday morning and go for a run together?  This will be a first for us, running together.  I hope it's the first of many!  Happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment