Monday, November 2, 2015

The weekend that wasn't

on plan.  Well another weekend has come and gone.  Another weekend of thinking this is the weekend, this is the weekend I will stick to my plan.  Fail!  What can you do?!  I had a plan going in to the weekend, I just ignored every last bit of it except for Friday night that is.  I planned to enjoy the night with Jason for his birthday and I did!  We had a great time Friday night and a really good dinner.  We started with the pasta sampler, five pastas to try and share.  We then moved on to the steak sampler and we both agreed the balsamic filet was our favorite even though people rave about the blueberry filet.   We were so full after we passed on dessert, that is until our server brought over panna cotta to share. Light and delicious.  


   
     Saturday was filled with pizza and candy.  I definitely got my little mits into Tyler's Halloween bag, I couldn't help myself!  We had a great time at a friends house walking around with the kids.
Are they cute or what?!


      Sunday we went to church and then to my aunt's house to celebrate some birthdays.  Make your own pizza.  Remember my plan to fill mine with veggies and bring a salad to share?  Well that didn't happen.  I really enjoyed a white pizza my sister made, along with a slice of a combination.  Instead of a cake my aunt did chocolate covered fruit which was a great idea and so delicious!

Notice the jersey's: a Packers fan and a Broncos fan.  No one was hurt in the making of these desserts!

     So here I sit Monday morning looking back on a fun weekend, but a weekend I indulged a little too much.  I have two options.  I can fester over a weekend I can't go back and do anything about, or I can get right back on plan.  I'll choose the latter.  I said to a close friend who also follows WW this weekend "I feel like I'm constantly starting over after a weekend gone wrong."  She said to me "why don't you start back up on Monday and stick to the plan through Thanksgiving?"  So that is the mini goal I have set for myself.  I have my weekly menu already made, taking it one week at a time.
     
     Here's the menu:

Monday through Friday Breakfast: Homemade egg McMuffins with a side of fruit.  
Monday through Friday Lunch: Kale, turkey sausage and potato soup with a side salad.

Dinners:

Monday-  Turkey bolognese over spaghetti squash with a slice of french bread.
Tuesday- Orange chicken with cauliflower rice
Wednesday- Fish tacos with cilantro slaw
Thursday- Maple balsamic drumsticks with purple potatoes.
Friday- Friday is always pizza night.  I'm pretty pizza'ed out so maybe I'll make extra orange chicken and save it for dinner to have while the boys have pizza because they can never have enough pizza!

Dessert will NOT BE TYLER'S HALLOWEEN CANDY!  Instead I'll bust out my yonanas maker and top that with mini chocolate chips!  So there you have it, a weekend round up tied in with a new goal set!

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment