Thursday, November 5, 2015

Orange Chicken and Ice Cream

     Yesterday I decided to completely re-start on Weight Watchers for what seems like the bazillionth time.  3rd 5th times a charm?!  It doesn't matter how many times you fall off, as long as you get right back on.  I'm sure I'll have days where I completely go over my points and my weekly points, but as long as I pick myself up and get right back on plan that's what matters!  I was completely on plan yesterday and it felt great.  I made a great dinner, and even had ice cream for dessert.  I've always loved my dessert but I tell ya, after having Hazel my sweet tooth came in full force!  I love WW because I can eat what I want.  I'm not stuck eating frozen meals, or starving though out the day.  For dinner we had Orange Chicken, yuuuuuuuuuuuum.  I love skinnytaste.com and have made many things from her website.  I have some chicken drumsticks from her website in the crock pot right now cooking for dinner.  I bet the smell of deliciousness is going to hit me the minute I walk in the door!  

     Along my journey to lose weight I'm going to be hit more than once with obstacles, and you have to learn to adapt.  For instance today I had my lunch packed, points calculated and ready to rock and roll.  Then I'm asked to go to a work lunch.  Does panic set in?  No!  I find out where we're going and pull up the menu so I know ahead of time what to order.  The restaurant even had a meal calculator which makes my life ten times easier!  I've decided to go with a farmhouse salad, no cheese.  This will put me at 14 points which is more than I like to allow for lunch, but it's better than a burger and fries!  Now all I need to do is avoid the chips and onion dip that I'm sure will be ordered as a starter. I'm on day two and not about to let some chips set me off plan.  I'd much rather save my weeklies for the weekend.  

     Today is my Friday, I'll be home with Hazel tomorrow because my mom is out of town.  I'm VERY much looking forward to it.  I've gotten in no exercise this week, so I plan to take a nice long walk with her!  She loves to be outside and I heard it's going to be a really nice day which I'm kind of torn about.  I love that we can go for a walk outside, but at the same time I can't help but think it's November for crying outloud!  Aren't we supposed to be in boots and light coats?!  I LOVE fall, that's no secret so I was very quick to check the weather next week and it looks like we'll finally have our Fall weather.  So if you are a warm weather person, enjoy tomorrow because next week is 50's and 60's.........whooooooooohooooooooooooo!  Bring on the sweaters!

     Here's our dinner.  I made mine with cauliflower rice (the boys had rice), which I really enjoy.  Trader Joe's sells it, although they are out of it at the moment so I just made mine by using my food processor.  We had it with a side of broccoli, Hazel loves broccoli!  My dinner was a total of only 6 points!


     For dessert I loaded my bowl with bananas and topped it with a serving size of slow churned peanut butter cup ice cream and mini chocolate chips.  Completely hit the spot.  4 points which is a little more than I usually use for dessert, but I had the points so why not!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment