Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Veteran's Day!

     Happy Veteran's Day to all those who are currently serving or who have served.  I have a lot of family members who are serving or who have served, so a special thank you to them!
My husband and my dad, thank you for your service!
      We spent the morning at our church where my dad is in charge of putting on the Veteran's Day 10K Race and walk.  This is the first year we were able to go, my sister runs the race every year but had to miss this year.  She has been such a great supporter to me with my running, so who knows Hilary maybe next year we'll run this together?  Did I just say that out-loud?!  I knew my dad put a lot of time and effort into this race, but my goodness being there I really saw just how much he puts into this.  He is former Air Force, so this is near and dear to him.  It was a BEAUTIFUL morning, we couldn't have asked for better weather.















     
I think overall we walked close to two miles.  The path we walked on was beautiful with the trees changing colors.


Tyler told me I needed a selfie stick!


It was a great start to the morning!  Let me rephrase, it was a great second start to my morning.  

     So here we go, I wake up and immediately step on the scale crossing my fingers I had even lost half a pound.  I look down and nada!  I was the exact same.  THE EXACT SAME.  UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I tracked like a champ this past week, why oh why you stupid scale!  I even sent out an email to two of my girlfriends who follow WW and said something along the lines of this "F!"  "All that tracking and I stayed the same" (there might have been another curse word in there.)  "I hate WW, yup I'm being Negative Nancy."  Totally mature right?!  I was just ticked and had to get it out.  In the back of my mind I knew that there are going to be weeks like this.  I was just REALLY hoping my first week re-staring I'd see the scale go down.  So I had two choices, I could throw in the towel after a week, or keeping plugging along.  I've chosen to keep plugging along.  I'm going to keep tracking and get in more exercise and hope for a loss next week.  I started the morning tracking my breakfast, packing my lunch and even got in a great walk.  Week two-it's on!

P.S. A special shout to my friends Lisa and Hila who do the program as well and are encouraging in my time of frustration!  Lisa is on week 3 and down 5.4 pounds!  How encouraging is that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment